There are so many events that had happened in 2009 that are really just plainly tragic: the disaster brought about Ondoy and Pepeng, the Maguindanao massacre, the sinking of MV Baleno 9 and MV Catalyn B, the deaths of Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Brittany Murphy, Patrick Swayze, Stephen Gately, and local artists like Johnny Delgado, Francis Magalona, and of course, former President Cory Aquino. You have to wonder sometimes if 2009 has never got enough, but at least it’s ending.
But then 2009 is not just bad. There are some things I still feel the need to be thankful for:
- Graduating from college
- Getting a job and staying in it—7 months and counting!
- Having officemates who are nice, easy and fun to work with, and being friends with them (and I’m not kissing anyone’s ass here, but hey, we’re like family. I have Mega A spirit in me, what do you know?)
- My friends getting jobs and doing what they want to do (in the case of Angelo)
- Earning my own money
- Losing my cell phone… but hey, I had saved money to get a new one!
- Getting my stories published… online and having a bunch of loyal followers :) Thanks! For next year, my aim to get published… for real.
- The Ateneo Blue Eagles and Ateneo Blue Eaglets winning the UAAP championships—and hey, didn’t the Blue Eagles win the PCCL, too?
- The UP Pep Squad staying in the top 3 of the UAAP Cheerdance competition. We’re getting the crown back next year! I am happy for the FEU Tamaraws, and for the Ateneo Blue Babble Battalion for finally getting in.
- The UP Fighting Maroons for being the lone loss of the Ateneo Blue Eagles in the eliminations in the 72nd season of the UAAP, and for beating the La Salle Green Archers too!
- The good health of my family and the good bonding that we’ve had throughout the year
- Finally realizing I’ve moved on after five years. The best feeling in the world is knowing that you have forgiven yourself after being mad at yourself and for being in the dark for five years… and having faith that next year will be better… love-life wise. Haha :)
Here’s to a better, brighter, and more colorful 2010!