It’s been a while (well, a couple of weeks) since my last post, and I’ve been trying to get over some sort of a hump. There are two types of people when it comes to writer’s block: those who believe in it and those who don’t. I fall under those who do, and I’m in one right now.
Okay, granted that I’ve been busy as hell and the only thing I’ve managed to churn out in months was that edited preview of Gezellig 3, Curtain Call (which you can still access here) and then nothing else. So to solve it (and to gear up for a couple of stories I’ve got lined up), I came up with this strategy: write some one-shots. Of course, I need to get inspiration somewhere else, and I turn to music.
THE BRILLIANT IDEA (which could backfire on me, haha): Why not write one-shots based on songs, and release one weekly?
So I asked for suggestions on songs for inspiration both on Twitter and on Facebook, and I got the following so far:
- Don’t Give Up on Me by Milo Greene [from Kristel — I am so curious about this song because I’ve seen her tweet about this]
- Anaconda by Nicki Minaj [from Chrissie! This is interesting and quite challenging haha]
- Over You by Ingrid Michaelson feat. A Great Big World [from Pearl. But this one is already used in (un)breakable, so sorry!]
- Still Into You by Paramore [from Luna. I have to say aside from Proof, this is one of my most favorite tracks off their new album]
- A Higher Place by Adam Levine, off the Begin Again OST [from my buddy Ico! I adore this movie and the soundtrack!]
- Boom Clap by Charli XCX from The Fault in Our Stars OST [again from my buddy Ico… the movie OST also is <3]
- Rather Be by Clean Bandit [I have to acquaint myself with this one, also from Ico]
- Girls Chase Boys by Ingrid Michaelson [from Ico! Ingrid’s getting a lot of requests]
- Close as Strangers by 5 Seconds of Summer [from Dinah. I told her this one is on Gezellig 3 playlist, so I won’t touch it yet.]
That’s what I have so far, enough to occupy me for about two months? I’m still open to song suggestions so hit me up! :D