Been a while since I did a personal entry, and I’m dedicating it to an object of my fan-girling: Richard Herrera.
Last Thursday, I heard some news from Joanne Samson (via her Twitter account) that Richard Herrera, a.k.a. ‘Rampage’, is now officially the newest MTV Asia VJ. The news made me smile the entire day, and his micro-site on the MTV Asia page was open the entire day at work all because I needed motivation (his smile = instant motivation power-up). Can I be fan-girl happy?
I was waiting for something big to happen for this guy–I do enjoy listening to him on the radio whenever he visits Kat Alano’s radio show (the only time I probably tune in to radio) and I was sad that his and Hardin’s The Price is Right stint was over. I somehow wish that the Amazing Race Asia is back on TV just so I could see his and Hardin’s amazing teamwork (apologies for the lack of other adjectives). I do know he has a streetwear business somewhere in Makati, and that he’s working on (or at?) a production company in the meantime. But this news was definitely the lovely-surprise-you-to-point-of-turning-a-bad-vibes-day-into-a-good-one kind of news (which is actually pretty weird because I don’t even know the guy personally).
Am just really fan-girl happy for Rich. :)
You can check out his Facebook page, follow him on Twitter (he’s being a little bit active right now unlike before on the TheRiches103 account–I am still waiting for a follow back, hahaha), or read through his MTV Asia page.
So while I check out our channel listings for MTV Asia (I do know the one in Manila carries the MTV Asia channel, but here in Tarlac, I couldn’t find it), please do read up on this up and coming cutie on MTV Asia, VJ Rich, and watch out for his gigs on TV. :)
His fangirl, Kessica
P.S. Just a quick update: Lines Crossed is still in the works–Chapter 4 is very Florence-centric (and would focus on how she and Harry started out–bet you’re curious as to how she landed on the choices she made). No One Will Ever Get Hurt, my (ironically) Christmas story last year, which focused on Richard and Casey (yep, remember that story with Richard Herrera on the dedication page? HAHA), will have a sequel (FINALLY). The working title’s The Last Goodbye, and the ending is still in the air (I know, the NaNoWrimo peeps would hate me after all the advice they gave about not writing a story without an ending in mind). For release this Christmas ‘break’ :)
I honestly am curious with this movie, and it’s not coz Richard Herrera’s here (that’s one of the major decisions to watch this movie, but then again, I just knew about his presence in this movie a few minutes ago). I grew up watching Robin Padilla and his action movies. And I particularly like his swagger. For a guy his age, he actually is hot. I actually don’t mind his billboards in EDSA. Next to Albert Martinez, he is one of the hottest actors right now that are pretty much around that age.
So I quickly YouTube-d (I feel Googled and YouTube-d should be added in that Oxford Dictionary too if they haven’t added them yet) the trailer of this movie, trying to find a sign of Herrera and what his role in the movie is, but he wasn’t in the trailer. I bet he’s lucky if he has a maximum of fifteen minutes exposure in the movie (haha). For all I know, his role is he is Mariel Rodriguez’s ex-boyfriend before she headed to India or something like that (see, my creativity still works).
Anyway, I’m watching this movie — alone or not — because of Herrera and as a tribute to one of the guys I grew up watching: Robin Padilla.
In a couple of weeks, I’m turning 2×11 (yes, I am THAT in denial with my age). A year older, sure, and I hope a bit wiser too. So I just have some wishes, some material and others immaterial, that I hope to get or have for my 22nd birthday. :)
- A cake like this would be nice:
- Family time. I am so looking forward to that carbonara that my mom promised to cook. Unfortunately, I might not get it on the day of my birthday. #longweekendfail
- A birthday story! (I think this is actually entirely up to me, you know, haha)
- Bags and bags and bags (or boxes and boxes and boxes) of Lay’s Original Potato Chips, Nerds, M&Ms, and Ferrero Rocher dark chocolate. And oh, adding some Meiji’s Choco Baby would be so much fun too.
- A back case for my HTC Desire. Because it’s so miserable not having charms to hang on it.
- Pocket money for that trip to Singapore
- A source of kilig. Not even a love life, for Pete’s sake. Just a little “action” in that department would be nice.
- An autograph or a greeting from Richard Herrera or Joseph Yeo
- Books! Just… books. I don’t care if you buy if at the booksale. I just need new books to read. (Hint: Linda Fairstein, John Grisham, Kathy Reichs, and some chick lit books would be nice.)
- Bones season 5 DVD
- A cellphone case. The one I have now for my Desire is just… old. And tired (haha, sorry for the adjective use — can’t think of anything else to describe it).
- New shoes. New bag.
- More patience. And understanding.
I know there are a lot of kind-hearted people out there *ahem, ahem* who love me enough to fulfill these wishes.
In the meantime, I’ll be stuck here, craving for Lay’s but opting for Lucky Me instead (they’re not of the same category, but they’re both unhealthy, which is already okay, haha).
The year 2010 has been, for a lack of a better word, momentous and eventful for me. I remember when 2009 ended, I said to myself (and to a bunch of other people): Taon ko ang 2010. I meant that 2010 is my year to fall in love. Unfortunately, what 2010 gave me was the opposite of falling in love—it gave me a love that was lost that I found and then lost it again (ergo, a heartbreak, and a major one at that).
But 2010 has given more than enough things—and people—to be thankful for. So who cares if a jerk broke my heart again after seven years (well, I do, but that’s another story) if there were so many things that made life so good in 2010?
So here’s the list of why 2010 rocked my world—heartbreak or not:
- I finished many projects for work in 2010—some of them on my own. (And hey, I found out I can survive 36 hours without sleep. The bad news is, my sleeping habits are totally screwed up already). Thanks Ayah for sticking out and sticking up for me all these time. Best buddy ever :)
- After 10 years, I saw the beach again… TWICE!
- Traveled so much this year: Anawangin, Subic, Anvaya and (though I never got to explore it because of work) Cebu.
- Did tree-planting (okay, barely) in Antipolo. At least I got to hike :)
- Participated in a run for wellness. Ran—more like walked and talked—three kilometers with Ayah. Hey, at least we organized it pretty well.
- I got promoted to RE, and at the end of the year, I got nominated for WOW awards. Not so bad :)
- My brother is in college, plus he has a blooming, active social life.
- Family business is doing okay
- Bought gadgets this year: laptop, iPod Touch, and HTC Desire. No more gadgets for me next year, lol :)
- Invested on a number of books (I lost count, actually) and was able to read more than that. Books, FTW :) [Thanks Pau for giving me a list as well of some must-read books, and for lending me Sea by Heidi Kling—this is a fabulous read, by the way]
- Watched twenty movies (twenty-one if you count Step Up 3D twice, coz I watched it two times) in the cinema—which is a far cry from the less than ten movies I watched in cinemas in 2009. Cheers to the not-so-movie-buff in me, and to my movie buddies, my officemates (Ayah, Nenz, Aimee, etc.) and my gorgeous cousin, Nikki :)
- Watched Paramore—well, when they were still five, but Josh wasn’t there and I probably won’t ever see him perform with Paramore ever again since he left the group—LIVE :)
- Discovered so many artists and bands this year. Hello to Stars, A Fine Frenzy, Sleeperstar, and a bunch of others. Favorites? Too many to mention. :)
- Met new friends, especially Justin Flores and Crys Velasco, and got closer to the ones I already have :)
- Despite having difficulties (a.k.a. lack of time and writer’s block), I managed to release six (6) stories this year, namely: Gravity, No One Will Ever Get Hurt, Confessions of a Basketball Addict, Sunset, Uh-huh (if you’re not sure if you read this, it’s okay—it’s not released here in the website. You can leave a comment if you want me to email this story to you) and Solace. Was able to release one poem too: Remember. For 2011, as I’ve told Nenz, I’ll finish all the rest of the stories promised in 2010 (All I Wanted, My Ball Game II, Lie, Cut, among others). Thanks to all my readers, old and new, who stuck by me through this fantastic year.
- Had a major heartbreak, but he’s just the wrong guy altogether. (I won’t expound on this anymore. Haha
- On a totally not connected to me but I’m still thankful for route because I am still a Filipino — Cheers to the Azkals for reaching the semis of the AFF Suzuki Cup (yey) and to the first Philippine team to win the Amazing Race Asia, Richard Herrera and Richard Hardin. Plus, to the Blue Eagle fan in me: Congrats for the three-peat, Blue Eagles :)
So thanks, 2010. Even though love-life wise, I can’t wait for you to be over, you still made such an impact on my life this year. 2011, please, can you give me a love life? Just kidding (but then again, jokes are half-meant) :)
Happy new year, everyone :)